Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Field Experience

1. How many hours did you complete?
I completed 5 hours.

2. In a short paragraph or bulleted list, how did you spend your time?

I spent some of my field experience hours in the Hickman Public Library. The library has reading programs for young children and I was able to let my two children experience me as a reader for them and also helping them find different styles of books to read. After school was over, I spent time with the librarian at my school as well. I interviewed her to find out about how she is going to began next year's reading Renaissance reading program for our school district. I thoroughly enjoyed the field experience for this course because it pushed me to participate in activities with my two children that I otherwise would not had participated in.

3. How did the experience help you to strengthen at least one Kentucky Teacher Standard? (be sure to name the standard)

Leadership is an area that I constantly need experience with. This field experience helped me to take control of a group of students and lead them throughout the day and gave me the ability to ask questions that I would have had to find on my own when we came back to school.

4. Talk a little about one thing you learned because of this field experience. 
There was a lot of things I learned by doing this field experience, but the one that sticks out in my mind is being able to assist young readers in finding books and being able to use the index for finding books.

No comments:

Post a Comment